Hello, darlings! :)
It was my friend’s eighteenth birthday party last night, and we were made to dress in either pastel and/or vintage. I opted for the pastel theme since I saw a periwinkle maxi skirt in my closet, and I was just dying to wear it! I looked up ways to style it, and I saw this really nice Bohemian-looking outfit, and that’s what I went for.
The party was really fun and we obviously took loads and loads of photos. There was also a mobile bar which we all took advantage of. Also, holy crap, I love mojitos. O_O
But anyway, here’s the look! My favourite part was my hair. It was really easy to do as well! :)
Smashbox Photofinish Primer (Original)
Covergirl Outlast Foundation (Soft Honey) + The Body Shop All in One BB Cream (#3)
Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles (Honey)
Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer
The Balm’s Bahama Mama Bronzer
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush (Exposed)
Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminator
Revlon Nearly Naked Powder (Medium Deep)
NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer
Benefit Brows-a-Go-Go Palette
Benefit Gimme Brow
Maybelline Color Tattoo (Barely Branded)
NARS Eyeshadow Duo (Kalahari)
MAC Pigment (Naked)
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (Blackheart, Darkside, Limit, Strange)
Makeup Forever Waterproof Eyeliner (23L)
Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara
MAC Lipliner (Boldly Bare)
Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick (Mauve It Over)
Lancome Gloss in Love (#341)
1. I sprayed Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protectant on my damp hair and let it air dry a bit. I followed up with my Babyliss Mini Hair Dryer to completely dry my hair.
2. Next, I curled my hair using the Ultra Chi Orbit 3 in 1 Hair Tool, with the tapered 1″ barrel. Finished with Tresemme Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray.
3. I divided my hair into a half up, half down hair style and tied the upper half with an elastic. I then put the head band on, placing the black band underneath the upper half, and the gold band on my forehead. If you have bangs like I do, I’d suggest putting them over the band like I did.
4. I then pinned the curls of the upper half ponytail onto my head, making sure to twist it and pin down around the pony tail. The hair on the lower half was twisted and pinned down the same way, also positioned near and around the upper half pony tail.
5. Adjust the volume of your hair, fix or mess it up until you get the look you want, and finish with another spritz of hairspray. :)
Headband, Necklace, Top, Skirt, Heels – Forever 21
Bangles, Clutch – Accessorize
Belt – Borrowed from my Mom :)
Benefit Agent Zero Shine Powder
Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick (Incognito)
This is a photo from the debutante’s photo booth. I love the mustache. :D And the party was so much fun!
I hope you guys enjoyed reading, btw. I really love taking my time preparing for special events like these, what about you guys? And, I especially love this look that I did, and hope that you guys did too. :) If you guys have any requests for looks you’d like me to do, just tell me below. And the Skincare Favourites will be up next! :)