1. Maybelline Color Elixirs in Glam 12 & 13 – These are actually called Lip Polishes over here, but I do think they’re called Elixirs in other countries. But anyway. #13 is definitely my favourite because it’s a nude pinky brown shade, which is totally up my street. I’m not a huge fan of super glossy lips though, which this gives, but in this shade, I really really love it. It’s been in my makeup bag this whole month, and I use it every single day. It stays glossy for quite a long time and fades pretty nicely. I picked up the red one as well because the rest of the shades weren’t as nice (for me), and I thought I’d get one nude and one bright just to test it out. #12 transferred onto my chin somehow (don’t even ask!), so I’m kinda scared to try that again. I’m also not used to glossy red lips, so that’s staying the drawer for now.
2. Revlon Matte Balms in Standout and Sultry – For this one, I am so in love with the red shade (Standout). It’s like, the perfect matte red lip that doesn’t stain your teeth or transfer on your chin (humph!). Maybe I just prefer matte red lips? But anyway, it’s not drying at all which I’m really happy about. Longevity wise, I’d say it’s the same as the original Kissable Balm Stains, where they fade after a couple of hours. I don’t mind reapplying though since it is quite a lovely shade. I’m slightly disappointed by Sultry though. I thought it would be a nice long lasting pinky brown nude shade, but it’s apparently a lot more plum than I’d like to wear on an everyday basis. Maybe next autumn when I feel like sporting a dark (but not super dark) lip. (Notice a pattern? :)) ) I might also go look into the Lacquer Balms next time, too. :)
3. Revlon Colorstay Lipgloss in 056 Embellished – I literally just used a magnifying glass to read the bottom since the product is so dark. But anyway, yay! This is the free lip gloss I got after purchasing a Revlon face product (a foundation below), and I absolutely adore this colour! It isn’t as dark on the lips, but it’s really pretty! I’ve always liked their lip glosses since they’re not sticky and they last a bit longer than others. I would have definitely paid for this even if it wasn’t on offer.
4. NYX Lip Pencil in 810 Natural – I’ve been on the hunt for a darker nude lip pencil since I ran out of my No7 one. This is slightly more nude than I was looking for, but it’s still a really nice and natural shade. It’s also not as drying as my MAC lip pencils, and it’s a lot creamier. I’m still going to keep looking for other lip pencils though.
5. Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 105 – I just bought this today and tried it on when I got home, and it’s another pinky brown nude lipstick. It’s slightly more plum than I expected, but I like it so far. It reminds me of my YSL Rouge Volupte in #3 because of the shade and the scent of the lipstick (kinda floral), except it’s less creamy and glossy. I’m still definitely going to buy #13 (pretty much the same colour, only slightly more glossy and less plum), as well as the other shades because the lipsticks are actually a pretty good formula. :)
9. Color Club Nail Polishes – I don’t have the shade numbers for these since they ripped off with the seal, but I’m sure you’ll find something similar. I’m not a huge fan of the pinky one (maybe in the summer?) but the nude one is very nice. Whenever I want a more polished look on my nails, I’d wear this. The formula of the polish itself is a lot more runny than I’m used to, and slightly less pigmented (so more coats), but I’m not that bothered because I really like the shade. The brush is kinda thin but precise. It lasted me almost two weeks with slight chipping when I used a topcoat.
10. China Glaze Nail Polishes in Full Spectrum (Glitter) and Sweet Hook (Lilac) – China Glaze is probably one of my favourite nail polish brands because their formulas and brushes are really good. They also last quite a long time on my nails with only slight chipping. And I love that they’re usually very opaque with one application. I was very happy with this duo (I think it was the Spring Line or something) and it came with curved strips of sticker paper so you can do the reverse French Tip thing that’s trendy these days. I love the colours of both the lilac and the glitter together, and on their own. I’m wearing it right now and it’s so pretty!
11. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush – I’ve been on the hunt for a dry shampoo this month since I’ve recently dyed my hair (ombre, so they bleached it. Nooo) and the lady told me not to wash my hair everyday. I honestly can’t do that. I feel so gross when I don’t wash my hair, so I thought this would be a better alternative. I saw this in the stall so I thought “It’s meant to be!” It smells really good, but I haven’t tried this out just yet since my hair’s clean today. I’ll update you guys if I like it or not. :) I’m still thinking about buying the Lush Powder Dry Shampoo though…
12. Bioderma – Oh, the queen of all the purchases I’ve made. Finally, I have you in my arms again! I loved this when I purchased this a couple of years ago and was gutted when I ran out. It’s so hard to get a hold of, so I nearly wet myself when I saw this big bottle in the stall. The seal wasn’t broken, so no worries about it being used or fake. I’m really excited to use this again because yay, another thing to add to my skincare routine!
And that’s all the things from my haul! I really should stop spending, but it’s my birthday month so I keep trying to justify my purchases as birthday presents. You guys should keep an eye out for a Sephora Haul (my aunt’s in the US, so she and my parents agreed to tick off a few things from my wish list) as well as a Hair Update since (like I mentioned) I just dyed my hair along with a makeup look. O:)
If you guys have any more recommendations for items I should get, go ahead! I might still be able to justify them this month, and I don’t think I’ll be spending until after a long time (as I should!). I think I saw a few skincare and makeup bits in that stall that I might go back for. We’ll see. :) I hope you guys enjoyed!