MAC Haul #1

Hello, darlings!

Over the years, I’ve made friends with lots of makeup SAs and there’s one in particular that we’re fond of. She works at MAC and she’s taken to selling us some of the products she gets to keep, but for a well discounted price.

These are some of the things I picked up from her:

Image

1. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Gold Deposit

Like all their MSFs, it’s very shimmery and powdery. What I love about this is that it’s not chalky or overly glittery. It gives a nice golden copper color to the cheeks, and it really glows but I don’t think it’s too over the top. I use this with a big fluffy brush on the high points of the face to give a seemingly bronzed glow. I think you can use it wet and dry, too. I usually just use it dry though.

Image

2. MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Double Definition

This product, compared to the MSF, is a more forgiving bronzer. The highlighter is a lovely light golden shade and the bronzer is a more golden brown with a slight sheen; I used it as a contour but it didn’t show up too sheeny at all. The only problem is, it’s not crazy pigmented (but it’s pigmented enough!) that your brush isn’t loaded with product with one touch, so it makes you want to load more, but then you don’t want to ruin the beautiful embossing…

Image

3. MAC Clear Brow Set

There really isn’t much to say aside from I probably shouldn’t have spent that much money on a clear mascara, but I wanted to try something different and you know how unruly my brows are. :P

Image

4. MAC Viva Glam Nicki

This was definitely something I didn’t need, but I thought I might as well pick it up since this was the last one she had and I didn’t really have a lipstick that was this bright. It’s a fluorescent pink on your lips, but you can definitely tone it down if you blot it. It’s very creamy and pigmented; not sure about the lasting power since I haven’t used it enough yet.

Image

5. MAC 159 Brush

Another ‘didn’t really need it’ item, but I love brushes. I thought since I didn’t have any Real Techniques ones, this could substitute as my Expert Face Brush in the mean time. Doubt it, though. It’s a duo-fibre brush so it’s not as dense; maybe for my setting powder then?

Image

6. MAC Blush in Fleur Power

I saw someone talk about this and I decided to go for it. Not that I needed more blushes, but still. It’s a really pigmented powder blush, and I made the mistake of putting it directly on my cheeks without tapping off the excess… It’s a really bright warm pink, but of course, us it sparingly then build it up. I’ll try to use it in a look sometime soon so you guys can see it on the cheeks. :)

Image

7. MAC Lipliner in Boldly Bare

I’ve been wanting to buy the full size for the longest time, and I finally have it! It’s just a browny nude lip liner, but I love it so much because it makes any lipstick of mine so much nicer and last longer. I can also use it on its own and it still looks equally nice.

I’m thankful these items were discounted, otherwise, I would have burnt a hole in my pocket and feel bad about it. Well, okay, I still feel bad about this, but I saved up enough money and I guess it was worth it. I think…

Oh! And I will be doing a Favorite MAC Lipsticks post soon, so stay tuned for that! :D

Have you guys picked up anything from MAC recently? What products do you think I should try next? (Or you could just tell me STOP BUYING STUFF!! in the comments…)

With love,

Julia

Advertisements

22 Comments Add yours

1. bubliibeauty says:

Wow lovely products sweets ! Enjoy :)

1. theunicahija says:

Oh, I will definitely enjoy my naughty purhcases. Teehee :D

2. Oh, cool! So she gets to keep discontinued products?

If the brush is big enough, you could try it with heavily-pigmented blushes!

Well, and since you asked for it… STOP BUYING STUFF!! :D Could you please, tell me the same now?…

1. theunicahija says:

I think they’re given some of the products or they get a discount on their purchases; a lot of the MAC SAs sell their products apparently. :P Yeah, I was thinking it’d make a good blush brush if it fails as a foundation brush! :D Oh, thank you for telling me off, yes mom! Haha. :D And now, STOP BUYING STUFF! Hahaha :D

1. Tina says:

The MSFs are to die for!!! Swatch them!;)

1. theunicahija says:

I did something better! :D I did a makeup look using those products. I’ll post it ASAP! ;)

3. lulusbeautyspot says:

Lovely picks, Gold deposit looks so gorgeous! xx

1. theunicahija says:

Oh, it is! I’ll try and show you guys soon. :D I think I bought it out of disappointment from not being able to get Stereo Rose. :P

4. Debbie says:

Beautiful picks! Can’t wait to see some reviews :) x

1. theunicahija says:

Hopefully some of them will end up in my monthly favorites! But I will be doing a look on them so you guys can see since there really isn’t much to say aside from “they’re gorgeous!” :D

5. That MSF looks gorgeous! Fleur Power is my favorite MAC blush! :).

1. theunicahija says:

That’s awesome! I hope it becomes mine as well. :D

6. It’s good to have friends in high places :D

1. theunicahija says:

Most definitely! Especially friends who willingly give you the friends and family discount. Hehe

7. Heyy thanks for the comment and the follow! Love your blog and I absolutely love LOVE MAC products =D Great haul, tempted to get some of these goodies now!
    Xx
    Penny
    parsimoniouspenny.wordpress.com

1. theunicahija says:

Sure thing, honey! :) Yeah, MAC is great, right? Nooo don’t fall for it, it’s a trap! Haha, kidding; go ahead and pick stuff up! I’d love to see what you went for. ;)

1. theunicahija says:

You’re a doll! Thank you! ;)

8. Olivia says:

NEVER stop buying stuff :D

1. theunicahija says:

Hahahahahaha I think that’s my motto in life. Although, I do need to keep making more money if I want to keep spending. Ohhh life. :P

What do you think?

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s