Wax On, Wax Off

Today, I experienced waxing for the first time. (Okay, maybe the second time) I will be honest and say that I have been acting like a cavewoman and I haven’t shaved my armpits in the last two months. Yes, you read that right. I’ve basically been growing a damn forest in my armpit region and kept postponing my shave because I’ve been wanting to get a wax for a long time now.

hairy-armpit-woman

It wasn’t this bad, but if I kept it up, I would definitely end up like this. (Found this on Google, by the way. I don’t mean any disrespect.)

Every time I plan on doing it, it doesn’t push through. I end up going home and touching my armpit, then laugh at myself for looking like a man. I find it hilarious that I kept avoiding wearing sleeveless tops in public or raising my arms, but then I go home and stroke my armpits because it’s so damn furry. I showed it to my mom and even she was laughing so hard.

I’m a disgusting human being, sue me!

So today I finally did it! I’m wondering if I should post before and after photos. Although, I don’t want my black forest (okay, that could mean anything!) on the internet. I also don’t want current and future readers blowing their brains out at the sight of them. And come on, that’s just nasty!

wax2

First! She put baby powder on it since it was still a little damp from my shower.

After I went to the gym, I took a shower in the girl’s locker room and dashed to the waxing salon right after. The esthetician told me to lie down and wait for her to get the wax. What’s cool about LayBare is that they use ‘cool wax’ or something, instead of hot wax and using paper (or something) to rip out the hairs. That’s probably better if you want it all out in one go, but this method is kind of less painful (as some would say) since the wax doesn’t burn and it pulls ‘gently’ on the hairs. It didn’t hurt as bad as I expected and it didn’t take too long either. She ended up plucking some stubborn ones that didn’t want to come off with wax though, but it wasn’t that painful.

wax3

Second armpit done! Still a little painful and it looked really red here!

I was shy at first and told her I haven’t shaved for two months, and then I showed her and said that it was nothing and that she’s seen worse. I was relieved! After the procedure, she told me “So, you feel like a woman again?” Hahaha. She was quite chatty, but it was fine and she was definitely nice. I was happy with her service, and ended up giving her a tip. She told me not to get it wet until after 4 hours and I couldn’t wear deodorant yet. Oh, and she told me to come back after a month and never to shave again. I agreed.wax4

Just a bit of cleaning up; she plucked the little ones that just didn’t want to go away.

It’s still kind of red and looks like it has chicken skin but it’s not that bad ’cause the skin feels pretty smooth anyway! I showed my parents right after and they were happy to see that I no longer looked like a hairy man. (I’m overreacting, but oh well.) I keep showing people my armpits; I hope they don’t get too annoyed. I’m just so happy! Haha. :D

wax1

Post procedure. Still a little red, but definitely hairless! Haha.

Have you tried waxing, or do you prefer going au naturale? :D

With love,

Julia

Advertisements

20 Comments Add yours

1. Hehe this post made me laugh so much. Wish I could get away with 2 months not shaving., think my husband might have a heart attack if I did. Looks fab waxed I may dare myself to give it a go

1. theunicahija says:

Yay! :D Hahahaha I wish I had someone to impress so I can be motivated! :D As fab as armpits can get, that is. :D It hurts like a bitch, but it’s worth it if it prolongs hair growth. :D

2. Rebecca says:

I have waxed my legs for years but I can’t be doing with regrowth under my arms so I shave!

1. theunicahija says:

It’s just so much quicker when you shave, and I can’t be bothered! I’m thinking about waxing my legs as well, but I’m still growing them out… Hahaha. Damn my laziness! :P

1. Rebecca says:

I admit I’ve been shaving them recently because I don’t want regrowth during the summer when I want to wear skirts and dresses all the time, but in general I swear by waxing them, its made my leg hair so much finer and sparser.

1. theunicahija says:

Hm, I think I’ll make a second trip soon. My leg hair is pretty fine from using Veet, but I guess you’re right! Thank you for telling me! :D

3. Jarkie says:

Omgosh hilarious post!!! Haha hahaha I’m laughing out loud! I’ve only waxed my eyebrows … And shave with everything else cause I’m a wimp. I’m curious about this cold wax. I’m also curious about sugaring since I hear that’s not as bad too! Well maybe one day I’ll be courageous to venture outside of just waxing the eyebrows!

1. Jarkie says:

I forgot to mention that I’ll be getting the wax strips (DIY at home) in my allure box… Hmmm maybe I’ll document that! Have you tried that?

1. theunicahija says:

Oh! I haven’t, but I was thinking about doing that too! On my legs though, since I can’t see my armpits very well. Hehe. I’ve seen the Sally Hansen one and thought that was interesting. Let’s see what happens. :D Tell me how you like it when you get yours! ;)

2. theunicahija says:

I’m too chicken to have my eyebrows waxed since they might butcher the shape so I’d rather do them myself. Tell me if you give it a go! Beauty is pain after all, and it was so worth it. And thank you! I’m glad you had a good laugh! :D

4. skyphil says:

Hey we both should do kind of a back to school series! If you do a few back to school blog posts do you mind if I feature them on my blog too?

1. theunicahija says:

That sounds really awesome!! What kind of back to school blog posts do you want to see? Aside from a makeup look, I think I have one cooking in mind! :)

1. skyphil says:

The cooking one sounds great! I might do some things with food as well. I like the back to school essentials also! Like locker/backpack essentials

1. theunicahija says:

Hahaha! I meant I have an idea of what I want to do, but I could do one with snacks as well if you want. :D I’ll tag you in the following posts; how many do you plan to do? :)

1. skyphil says:

I have no idea! I need to brainstorm a little bit. And ok sounds great! (:

1. theunicahija says:

Hahaha, alright. I’ll be doing three posts (is it obvious I’m excited by this?) and I’ll tag you in all of them. Thank you so much! :D

5. sarijj says:

While I have never had my underarms wax, I have, on several occasions had Brazilian waxes Surprisingly, it doesn’t really hurt and lasts a lot longer than shaving that tender area. I have tried several DIY strips on my legs, and they either really hurt or are ineffective. I would save my money ladies, I have yet to find one that works well. Veet or Nair is your best option.

1. theunicahija says:

Owww, my lady parts hurt just thinking about that! Even the Sally Hansen ones? :( I was thinking about purchasing those instead of going to the salon. But yeah, I love Veet! :)

1. sarijj says:

The Sally Hansen wax never warmed in the microwave. I ended up throwing it out.

1. theunicahija says:

Aw, that’s too bad. Hopefully you’ll find something that’ll work for you! :)

What do you think?

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s