This is a big fat lie since it isn’t summer where I live, but I saw Deb‘s and I was inspired to do it. (You should go read her’s, it’s really fun!) Let’s go!
1. Favorite bronzer for summer?
– I’d have to say the one I used the most was my Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel. I took it it out from hiding, finally got into using it and ended up loving it! I talk about it more on my Favorite Bronzers post, but it’s definitely my favorite cream bronzer because it looks so natural, and you can use it under and over makeup. :)
2. You’re relaxing in a hammock, on a tropical island. What are you sipping on? (Favorite Summer Drink)
– The past month I’ve been drinking pineapple juice and coconut juice nonstop. And not the canned or the bottled ones. My dad keeps bringing home tons and tons of pineapples and coconuts. (Oh, the benefits of living in a tropical country!) Then, I make use of my mother’s juicer and I juice the hell out of them. The pineapple is really sweet, and then the coconut water is great when you mix it with milk. The leftover coconut meat can also be pureed to make coconut ice cream! :D
3. Favorite summer lip product?
– I would definitely say anything that’s a bright colored stain (oranges and pinks), so something like the L’oreal Shine Caresse, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, or the Benefit Lip and Cheek Stains are definitely my favorite fool-proof lip staples.
4. Pool or Beach?
– I would have to say pool purely because I don’t get scared when I go swimming in it, and I can do stunts without fear of drowning and swallowing salt water. The only time I like the beach is when I feel like taking fancy beach photos or pretending I’m in Titanic (my friends and I get really into acting out the “Don’t let go!” scenes…).
5. Summer = crazy hair! What’s your must-have styling product?
– I’m not really big into haircare, so the best I can say is use hair oils. Your hair gets really dry from all the swimming and laying out in the sun, so you have to bring back moisture into your hair, right? :)
6. Sun bathing or fake tan?
– Neither. I don’t really think I need it since I’m already happy with my caramel skin. Hahaha. If I wanted to get darker though, I’d say sun bathing since I get dark pretty easily when I stay out in the sun.
7. Favorite summer nail polish?
– I bring out all my neon polishes and my favorite of all time would have to be my China Glaze Nail Polish in Celtic Sun. It’s a really bright neon yellow, but you have to use a white base coat for it to appear even brighter. The only thing I hate about it is that it needs at least three coats to look full on, but it’s still worth it since I get sooo many compliments. It really looks like I painted my nails with a highlighter pen.
8. Any summer traditions?
– The best one I can think of is that my parents and I go home to our province for Holy Week (summer in the Philippines is March-May), and we spend a week with our family. We do the normal Catholic thing like go to church, join the procession, etc. But my favorite part is when we have bonfires at the beach, eat barbecue and go swimming, and Easter lunch is always amazing!
9. Favorite summer scent?
– I’d have to say my ultimate summer scent is Miss Dior Cherie. It reminds me so much of Summer 2012, and it’s been my favorite perfume ever since. I always put way too much on because it just smells so good, and I want it to last all day since I get too paranoid about smelling bad and stuff. But anyway, according to the Sephora website, it’s supposed to smell citrus-y, jasmine-y and fruity. I’m a little surprised, but if you’re into that, I’d suggest you smell it quick!
10. Favorite BBQ food?
– I hate eating things on wooden sticks because I get tingly (or hypersensitive) when my teeth brush against the wood (hehe), so it’s just bad bad bad. So, I’d have to say hotdogs and chicken. Or any kebab will do as long as it isn’t on a wooden stick in particular. :P Actually, any meat is great since I’m a huge carnivore. :P
11. What’s your favorite summer-proof product?
– This is a tricky one since you want to use long lasting products to keep your makeup looking perfect all day, but then you don’t want to put on makeup at all since it’s so hot. So, what I will say is using waterproof mascara, primers, and again, stains.
12. Any summer vacation plans this year? No plans? Tell us about your dream summer trip!
Summer is over, like I said, so my plans will be for next year. Here’s hoping I have enough money by then to go on a trip to Europe with my best friend. Our first destination will be London, England IF EVER. <3 I’m super excited, and I really hope this pushes through! I’ve been wanting to go all my life. D:
13. Show us your favorite summer dress.
This isn’t a dress, but I just adore this skirt so much. I’ve worn the heck out of it, and I’ve combined it with so many different tops. I got it from Cotton On a couple of months ago, and I love it!
The questions are different on mine ’cause I wanted to do the one I keep watching on Youtube, but go ahead and answer these questions or get the one on Deb’s blog post, and go do this tag! It was fun to do! :D